Friday, January 15, 2016

London Street Art Tour

Street art is one of my favourite types of artwork because it could be political, random, about someones life or other things. We went on a street art tour yesterday with a very enthusiastic tour guide that seemed to love his job. The tour lasted about two and a half hours in the bitter cold but it was worth it. Art I was surprised to see is Banskys art. His art is fascinating and is very political with a twist of humor. We saw his helicopter artwork with the pink ribbons and both with the dogs. There is also different artworks by different artists on the route such as Pure Evil. We also went to the Pure Evil gallery. Throughout the route there is prominent artwork such as seen below.







2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the street art tour too, but it was too cold and I couldn't concentrate so much so I want to try it again in warmer time... Many works were great and professional and I wonder how they draw them. (I have to look up some YouTube videos.)I especially like the work of boy's close up face with a star on his forehead. It was unfinished but very realistic and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the street art tour as well and I can see from your pics that we liked many of the same works! It is a great venue for politcal, social or other issues or statements or just giving voice to an street artist. One really has to admire all they go through to create their art and the preparation many times to only have it painted over! That I could not deal with. Still, it is very powerful and it is amzing how much their work IS viewed and how well known some of them become. My fav is still the gum-pics. :)

    ReplyDelete